Chiles Poblanos filled with refried beans
Unlike chiles filled with cheese, these chiles poblanos are filled with refried beans, bathed in a tomato sauce and topped with manchego cheese.
Serves 8 filled chiles.
8 Chiles Poblanos
1 bag of Doña Panchita Refried Beans 1.5 lbs.
Half medium onion, chopped
A pint of tomato puree
1 tablespoon powdered broth
A quarter of a kilo of grated manchego cheese
Half cup of cream
Salt to taste
How to prepare:
See more recipes
- Grill the poblano chiles over direct heat, turning constantly. When the skin begins to blister and looks a little burnt, remove from heat and place in a plastic bag for 5 minutes to sweat and can be peeled more easily. Remove the chiles from the bag, peel and open carefully to cored and seeded.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add most of the onions (reserve some for sauce) and cook until it has candied, about 5 minutes. Add Doña Panchita Refried Beans.
- Besides, in another frying pan with oil over medium heat, fry the remaining onion, add tomato puree, water and seasoned with broth. Let boil for 10 minutes and salt test.
- Fill the chiles with refried beans and place in lightly greased refractory. Dip the tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at medium heat for 15 minutes and serve with cream. Delicious and easy!