These beans have bacon, sausage, ham and beer, hence its name. This recipe makes about 20 delicious servings to accompany any grilled meat. Reduce amount with if your group is smaller.
3 bags of Doña Panchita Pinto Beans 2 lbs.
2 onions, finely chopped
3 green chiles chopped
6 large tomatoes, chopped
Half a kilo of chopped bacon
Half a kilo of sausage cut into cubes about 1 cm.
Half a kilo of ham, cut into 1 cm cubes.
1 can of pickled jalapeño slices
1 bunch cilantro washed and chopped
Olive oil, enough
Sal, very few
How to prepare:
See more recipes
- Place the Doña Panchita Pinto Beans in a large pot.
- Heat enough oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it has candied, about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped green chile, then tomatoes and cook until everything is perfectly fried, reserve
- In another large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until it has browned completely. Add the chorizo and cook the same pan with bacon fat until browned. Add the ham to the same pan and cook the chorizo fat until it turns a brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add to the pot of beans the collection and bacon, ham and chorizo. Add the beer and fresh cilantro.
- Simmer until flavors are well incorporated.